This privacy notice sets out the way we process your personal information. We will refer to this when we ask for your consent and will keep it updated. This means you can be confident when sharing your information with us that it will only be used for what we describe here.
Christian Endeavour Holiday Centres (CEHC) is the trading name of Christian Endeavour Holiday Centres of c/o BHP, Rutland Park, Sheffield, S10 2PD, a registered charity (no. 1039170) and company limited by guarantee (no. 2939379)
registered in England and Wales. Christian Endeavour Holiday Centres is the controller of your personal data and is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018. Christian Endeavour Holiday Centres is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number Z7696751.
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal information in a few limited ways, namely: Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website, reserve holidays, or when you interact with us in various
other ways, for example when you attend our AGM or other events organised by us.
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you (and your family members, where relevant):
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details – email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you;
- Financial information; but not your payment card details which we never collect or store ourselves since we always use a third party ‘payment gateway’ to process card payments.
- Certain other information which you volunteer, for example, when attending Christian Endeavour events, staying at our Centres or joining a coach holiday. We may also collect limited data concerning your health, mobility or medical
conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for your needs when staying or holidaying with us, or attending events.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
How we use personal information
Personal information provided to us will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection or application in accordance with the preferences you express.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be used for the following purposes:
- Administration of membership;
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, for example holidays;
- Telling you about special offers
- Research and statistical analysis;
- Communication about our work, membership and other activities which we think may be of interest to you;
- Administration of donations and legacies; where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (meaning our interests in growing the work of Christian Endeavour Holiday Centres and supporting all our members).
- Tailoring our messages to our potential and existing supporters and guests to ensure all marketing communications you receive from us are relevant; where this is necessary for our legitimate interests, and where we send marketing communications by electronic means, where we have your consent.
Your marketing preferences
Christian Endeavour Holiday Centres will always act upon your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive and how you want to receive them.
There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences. These are what we would describe as essential communications to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. Examples of this type of communication would be:
- Transaction notifications, such as payment receipts or Direct Debit confirmations.
- Membership related mailings such as update letters and AGM notices.
You are always in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us via:
Christian Endeavour – Marketing, M. Pickering, Company Secretary, 23 Brentwood Avenue, Coventry, CV3 6FL or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal information for other organisations to use. Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with Christian Endeavour employees and volunteers for the purposes of administering your membership, holiday enquiries and reservations.
How long your information is kept
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most data, this means we retain it for so long as you are in contact with Christian Endeavour Holiday Centres and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us or cessation of membership (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
You have the right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data held about you (this is known as a ‘subject access request’). A copy will be sent to you as soon
as possible and this will be no later than one month after your request.
If you would like to access your personal data held by us, please apply in writing to:
Christian Endeavour – Subject Access Request, M. Pickering, Company Secretary,
23 Brentwood Avenue, Coventry, CV3 6FL or email@example.com
Under the DPA, you also have the following rights:
• To require us not to send you marketing communications;
• To require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress.
Under the GDPR, which takes effect on 25 May 2018, you will also have the following additional rights:
• To require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is inaccurate;
• To request that we erase your personal data;
• To request that we restrict our data processing activities (and where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
• To receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller; and
• To object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply: for example, if we can show our processing is necessary for a lawful purpose set out in this Privacy Notice.
Updating and amending your personal information
We will always try to keep your data as up-to-date as possible. If at any time, you want to update or amend your personal data or marketing preferences then you can
Christian Endeavour – Membership, M. Pickering, Company Secretary, 23 Brentwood Avenue, Coventry, CV3 6FL or firstname.lastname@example.org
The verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of receipt of your request.
Contact and complaints
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal information, or if you wish to exercise your rights under applicable law, you may contact: Christian Endeavour – Privacy Query, M. Pickering, Company Secretary, 23 Brentwood Avenue, Coventry, CV3 6FL or email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s website available at www.ico.org.uk.